Individual bloggers, big companies – they’re all using guest blogging. This creates new opportunities for you to make a living as a writer.
Similar to article writing, website owners will usually need specific experts to create new content for their websites. They might not know enough about a certain topic, or want to have someone else’s insight.
If you are knowledgeable or an expert in any particular field, you can make some really good money by guest writing and offering your wisdom and insights.
Even if you are not an expert, if you can spend enough time to create a well-researched piece of content it will have a good chance of being accepted.
This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get exposure online through leveraging other people’s established audiences.
There are generally 2 ways to make money with guest writing.
1. You can get paid directly per guest post you write.
2. You can submit your content for free as long as it includes a resource box. You can use the resource box to promote any website of yours or even promote an affiliate product.
It can also help you become “known” in a market, it can help build a brand, it can help with SEO, and it can be used as a medium to write quality content to represent your brand.
In order for you to become a guest writer, here are some steps you can take:
● Establish yourself as an expert in your niche by posting on forums in your area of interest. Sometimes, people will just ask if you’re interested in creating content for them.
● You can also write to website and forum owners and let them know what your expertise is and that you’d be interested in creating content for them should they be interested.
Many websites have a “write for us” link on their site which lists what they are looking for and how to submit your content to them for review.
A good way to find blogs to guest post on is using the Blog Search Engine. It’s a search engine just like Google, but shows only blog results.
● When you get a writing job, make sure your content is written and submitted as early as possible. If you establish a good reputation, you can get references for other sites and hopefully end up writing for more.
● Believe it or not, one of the best ways to get more guest writing jobs is by guest posting! Think about it, what better way to hire someone to guest blog for you than to find them through a guest post on another popular blog?
● Here’s a list of websites that will pay you $50 or more for every article that you write for them:
TheKrazyCouponLady.com – $50
The KCL contributor network is a new way for stay-at- home moms, working women and men-who-are-in-touch- with-their-money-saving-side to share their expertise with KCL’s audience of millions. Earn money by submitting original, engaging content that helps others learn to save money!
WritersWeekly.com – $60
Writers Weekly is a freelance writing ezine and hub for all things writing. They pay $60 for feature articles that are around 600 words and $40 for sharing your writing success story (~300 words).
TutsPlus.com – $50
Tuts+ is a tutorial site with thousands of videos, articles, and tutorials to help people learn new skills. If the editor chooses to publish your article you will be paid at the beginning of the month after your article is accepted. MakeaLivingWriting.com – $50
Another writing blog. Topics include blogging, time management, and how to find writing jobs.
How much can I make from being a guest writer?
Depending on the length of the piece of content you create and the obscurity of the topic, you can make anywhere from $25 to $200 each time you write.
Some blogs have 1,000,000’s of visitors a month and can send you a large amount of traffic to your websites and offers which can result in numerous sales.